We at the Arizona State Veterinary Medical Examining Board welcome you to view our site and browse through your areas of interest.
New as of 5/12/20: Governor Ducey issues Executive Order 2020-36: Stay Healthy, Return Smarter, Return Stronger -- includes requirements for all businesses to develop, establish, and implement policies based on guidance from the CDC, Department of Labor, OSHA, and the Arizona Department of Health Services to limit and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
As of 4/1/20: Governor Ducey issues Executive Order 2020-19: Telemedicine for Pets and Animals
The requirements and parameters for telehealth services established by the Board may be viewed via the link below.
1. For everyone's safety, please do not bring any documents/applications to our office. Our office is now closed to walk-ins! Please send them by mail, email to [email protected], or fax to 602-364-1039. For documents pertaining to complaints/investigations, please email to [email protected]. If you need to speak to a staff member, please call 602-364-1738.
2. Veterinarians/CVTs/Veterinary Hospital staff:
*For guidance on many related topics, refer to the AVMA website COVID-19 webpage.
* UPDATE: AS OF MAY 1, 2020, THERE IS NO RESTRICTION ON ELECTIVE OR NON-ESSENTIAL SURGERIES. Previously, Governor Ducey had issued Executive Order 2020-10 that prohibited all non-essential or elective surgeries, including dental surgeries, that utilized personal protection equipment. See this LINK to read the entire Order.
* Per Executive Order 2020-10, veterinary care and all heath care services provided to animals are considered Essential Services.
*Important information from DEA. See this LINK.
*We understand that CE conferences have been cancelled. At all times, all CE can be completed online via an interactive course that is "board-approved" (i.e. RACE-approved, offered by a veterinary college (for vets), offered by a veterinary technician program (for CVTs), sponsored by AZVMA, SAVMA, AAHA, AAVSB, or specifically approved by the Arizona Veterinary Board (see list on the Continuing Education link). At this time, the Board has not made any other decision regarding changing/postponing CE requirements toward license/certificate renewal. However, the Board has approved that CE that is "pending RACE approval" will be accepted for CE towards renewals and encourages licensees to complete COVID-related CE.
*The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering disaster assistance.
3. Veterinary License/CVT Applicants:
*VETERINARY LICENSE APPLICANTS: All in-person exams have been cancelled indefinitely! The required examination will be done via a "take home" exam that will be provided to applicants with complete applications. See more details on the Licensing page.
*Veterinarians licensed in another state who are coming to Arizona during the State of Emergency and must start work ASAP, please call 602-542-8166 for information about Temporary Licenses, which are issued for a 30-day period.
*MARCH/APRIL VTNE-EXAM TAKERS: CHECK AAVSB.ORG FOR INFORMATION ABOUT PSI TESTING CENTER CLOSURES AND RESCHEDULING INFORMATION!
*If you were scheduled for the spring NAVLE and are set to start work in the early summer, please call the Board office at 602-542-8166 for more information about Provisional Licenses.
4. Animal Crematory Operators:
* Per Executive Order 2020-12, cremation and related services are considered Essential Services.