We at the Arizona State Veterinary Medical Examining Board welcome you to view our site and browse through your areas of interest.
1. For everyone's safety, please do not bring any documents/applications to our office! Please send them by mail, email to [email protected], or fax to 602-364-1039 if possible. For documents pertaining to complaints/investigations, please email to [email protected]
2. Veterinarians/CVTs/Veterinary Hospital staff:
*For guidance on many related topics, refer to the AVMA website COVID-19 webpage.
* On March 19th, Governor Ducey issued an Executive Order 2020-10 that prohibits all non-essential or elective surgeries, including dental surgeries, that utilize personal protection equipment. See this LINK to read the entire Order.
* We are working to clarify options for telemedicine and hope to have more information this week.
* Per Executive Order 2020-12, veterinary care and all heath care services provided to animals are considered Essential Services.
*Important information from DEA. See this LINK.
*We understand that CE conferences have been cancelled. At all times, all CE can be completed online via an interactive course that is "board-approved" (i.e. RACE-approved, offered by a veterinary college (for vets), offered by a veterinary technician program (for CVTs), sponsored by AZVMA, SAVMA, AAHA, AAVSB, or specifically approved by the Arizona Veterinary Board (see list on the Continuing Education link). At this time, the Board has not made any other decision regarding changing/postponing CE requirements toward license/certificate renewal.
*The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering disaster assistance.
3. Veterinary License/CVT Applicants:
*VETERINARY LICENSE AND CVT APPLICANTS: All in-person exams have been cancelled indefinitely! The required examination will be done via a "take home" exam that will be provided to applicants with complete applications. See more details on the Licensing page.
*MARCH/APRIL VTNE-EXAM TAKERS: CHECK AAVSB.ORG FOR INFORMATION ABOUT PSI TESTING CENTER CLOSURES AND RESCHEDULING INFORMATION!
4. Animal Crematory Operators:
* Per Executive Order 2020-12, cremation and related services are considered Essential Services.